Sunday, October 19, 2014

Flapper Hats ~ Yesterday & Today ~ Gatsby Hats East Angel Harbor Hats

I was in the hat business for several years before I added the Flapper hat to my repertoire of designs. Once I did, I have to admit that it’s now one of my favorite styles.  I began my research by purchasing 1920′s  postcards and then eventually a few of the early 1920s hat catalogs.  
 The Flapper hat is also known as the cloche.  
Cloche is French for bell; as you can see this hat style has a distinct bell shape.
flapperhats2
These are Flapper hats from a 1920′s Millinery publication.

flapper photos copy 2      flapper photos
Flapper Hat Postcards

Jenna-Kenny
Jenna Kenny wearing “Lady Marguerite” 
 
Nellie-wearing-Flapper-Hat
Nellie wearing a pink designer straw hat with pink lace trim.

kate cloche
Kate wearing Flapper Hat inspired by Downton Abbey PBS Series “Sybil”

No comments:

Post a Comment