Thursday, October 30, 2014

Black and Bling Diva’s ~ Featuring Beth Walker wearing East Angel Harbor Flapper Hat

Beth has purchased a number of my hat designs for her events; she’s a member of several clubs that wear hats.  This article talks about a recent Black and Bling Diva’s event! October in the Black and Bling Diva’s birthday month, that is the month that the group was founded.
image4
The two ladies who founded the group always host that month. The name of the event was Black ‘N Bling Birthday Bash. The theme they selected was The Roaring Twenties. Beth and the other ladies in the club were to dress in 1920′s attire. There was a contest for the most authentic Roaring 20′s costume and there was a costumer there who specializes in 1920′s fashion. She was one of two judges for the contest.

image2
Here is a picture of the two of us together and in the bag
is the prize I won which was a 1920′s inspired rhinestone headband. 


Email from Beth. "I thought you might be interested to know that 
I attended a black hat event yesterday and the theme was the Roaring 20's. 
I wore the black flapper hat you made for me, the name escapes me right 
now. Anyway, there was a lady there that gave a talk about the 1920's. 
She is a costumer who specializes in the 1920's.  There was a contest 
on who was dressed most authentically for the period and I won. There 
were about 60 ladies there. I'm sure your hat had a great deal to do 
with it as the costumer made a comment about how authentic it was for 
the period. I have attached a couple of photos."
 


imagebeth1
Beth in her 1st place winner Flapper era costume wearing
“Lady Ruth” Flapper hat designed by East Angel Harbor Hats

No comments:

Post a Comment