Sunday, October 19, 2014

East Angel Harbor Retired Hats featured in “Milliner of the Month” Interview ~ 2006


Gosh!  2006 seems like a long time ago now!  
I was contacted by Millinery.info for an interview and I felt so honored. 
They not only wanted an interview, but they wanted photos of my designs.
Of course all of these hats are retired, but it’s fun to remember them!
darna_michie_02
This bird adorned Edwardian hat was inspired by my first trip to Disneyland…
on display at Disney was a hat with birds…
I could hardly wait to create my own rendition.
When I arrived home, I began the task of 
finding the materials to create the hat you see above. 
darna_michie_10
This Edwardian hat is totally hand made and all of the adornments are vintage/antique trims.
darna_michie_05
This is one of my first “Crystal Fairy” Edwardian hat designs! 
darna_michie_01
This elegant pink Edwardian hat was one of my earliest hats 
that displayed my “love affair” with feathers.
darna_michie_06
This dainty red veiled Victorian hat design is one of earliest riding hat styles.
darna_michie_07
This beaded brimmed Victorian hat design became know as my “SASS” hats.
darna_michie_08
darna_michie_09
 These 2 wide brimmed Edwardian hats are the same design, I used different colors. 
 Oh Yes,,, I added a few extra feathers to the burgundy wine hat!
If you would like to read my interview: Millinery Info



No comments:

Post a Comment